Friday, January 23, 2009

1800 JUMP JUMP

I always thought it would be my girl child that would have the phone permanently attatched to her ear as she got older.

School friends calling…gossiping. Eventually the inevitable “boy talk”. Me battling to get her to hang up every night.

Well…I was wrong! At least for now!

It seems our telephone is an extension of my young lads arm! He has to call Grandad and Gigi at least once (sometimes half a dozen) times a day!

Tim must’ve been worried about our phone bill because he’s even started dialing a wrong number just so Tobi can talk to the lady who ever so politely tells him to “Please check the number and try again, you have not been charged for this call!”.
Tobi knows that lady quite well, I’m sure they are on a first name basis by now!

Grandad and Gigi even call him when they are just around the corner in the car when coming to visit! They beep the horn and watch as he races to the door! Listening to his excited squeal, best of both worlds you see! They get to hear and see his reaction to their impending visit!

Poor Tobes is quite perplexed by the whole “beeping” situation though. He hears a car beeping during the day, races off to grab the phone, brings it to me and says “Beeps, Gandad!!”
He assumes he can just pick up the phone after hearing a beep and that Gandad and Gigi will magically appear! Everyone thinks this is hilarious... poor boy.

He’ll talk to anyone really. We quite often have him running around the house gibbergabbering to somebody on the other line. Sometimes we even forget he’s on there and half an hour later the person is ever so kindly trying to tell him to give the phone to Mummy and Daddy or hang up! There’s only so much Russian "Tobi babble" one can take in a single sitting!!

He loves ringing Daddy at work! I’ve trained him well! He calls Daddy and says “Miss Ooo Daddy!” and Tim’s favourite just before the end of the call “Lub Ooo Daddy”.

He tells anyone who will listen all about his tchucks and cars. Oooh but his favourite topic is “the jump”.

“The jump” is the best present Santa has ever given! The trampoline provides hours of entertainment, although I must admit it’s not such a godsend at 7am when my eyes are ever so heavy and all I want to do is crawl back into bed but the boy is chipper and shouting “JUMP, MUMMY JUMPS!!!” as he bangs at the backdoor.

He’s a smart boy though, has some great multi-tasking talent! He has learnt to combine his two favourite things! Jumping on the trampoline and talking on the phone!



I guess I shall let him make the most of it, in three or four years he won’t even get a look-in where the phone is concerned (when the boy talk comes-a-knocking). Maybe I should start saving for the surgery to have them separated now!

OOoooh and I just had an excellent idea for those annoying telemarketers that we can never understand and who don't take no for an answer! I can just pop Tobi on the phone and he can talk to them for hours! Best thing..it doesn't cost us a thing and they just won't be able to get rid of him!! Genius!

1 comment:

  1. thats soooo cute! Kian used to do that all the time too!

    He answered my phone once when he was 2.5 and had a great chat (I'd asked him who it was he said "Aunty Jenni"), then I asked him to hand me the phone, he gets a weird look on his face, hangs up, and says "That wasn't Aunty Jenni". 10 mins later my phone rang again, I answered and it was the dental receptionist, she told me all about the great talk she'd had with Kian. LOL

    Yeah definately put Tobes onto the telemarketers!! That would be funny!

    ReplyDelete

Followers