Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Fairy Princess who wants to ride dirt bikes and kiss frogs..



I was never a girly girl as a kid. I’m still not overly girly now..although I’d like to be..I’m just not. Don’t get me wrong, I wear makeup and skirts. I brush my hair!! I don’t get around like a bogan in jeans and a flannel shirt (not that there's anything wrong with that!!), I’m just not the epitomy of girly.

My daughter must take after me *sigh*

How I would love to have a girly daughter! I have dreams of pink, pink and more pink! Ballet lessons, gorgeous dresses, ruffles, bows…

And while she will wear those things and most of the time she is dressed rather “girly” she is most happy in a pair of shorts and a singlet. She loves kicking a ball and getting dirty in the yard! Loves experiments and finding out how things work. Collecting bugs in tissue boxes for me to find weeks later curled up and dead “overloved” covered in leaves and sticks. I’m really surprised we haven’t had any inside infestations!

I shouldn’t complain though (and I don’t…I just keep stuffing her closet to the brim with the most gorgeous Pumpkin Patch dresses ever created! and buying her Barbies that she never, ever plays with) because also like her mother ;) she inherited my smarts (where else would she get it from? ;))
She’s soooo clever! And I know every parent says that about their child, but it’s true! It’s not suprising really, she talks and has done since she was 18 months, like it’s going out of fashion. She’s constantly asking questions! Some of them at really inappropriate times like at 20 months we were on the train and there was an African man opposite us and she pointed and said (loud enough for him to hear) “Mum why does that man look like Sooty?” *cringe* Or…the time we were in the park and there was a larger lady have lunch and as the woman walked past us to put her rubbish in the bin she piped up with “Mummy, why doesn’t that lady have ankles?” *sigh*

So yes it can get her (or me) into trouble and it does drive me a bit crazy but I really do love the fact that she is so inquisitive!

The reason for this post…

I dressed up my poor daughter into a fairy outfit on New Years Day, put a tiara on her head, flowers in her hair and sat her under a rose bush in my garden. She hated every moment of it and we even had to negotiate how many shots I had left at the end. I got what I wanted..a beautiful picture and also got punished in the form of a massive thorn stuck in my foot that Tim had to dig out (I’m sure they were all grinning about it later!)

The final result for your viewing pleasure…

1 comment:

  1. OMG how gorgeous is this picture Katie?? Absolutely gorgeous. I love Tay...she is so stunning.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Followers