Wednesday, January 7, 2009

This ain't Sesame Street...Big Bird is evil!



Anyone who knows me well, knows that I HATE birds. Little birds are fine. It’s the big ones that really freak me out.

It’s not an irrational fear either. There is a reason for it. A very good reason.

When I was young, my Uncle Barney (no his real name isn’t Barney! It’s Greg) and my Granny took me to feed some birds. Someone must have been equipped with a camera to document the occasion, cute little girl with pigtails feeding the big friendly giants (well giant to a three year old) because here it is….




How cute, right? WRONG. THAT..nasty number right there almost took off my arm. I was innocently holding out a piece of bread for the evil sucker to feed on and it swallowed my arm! It didn’t just take a little nibble. I can still recall feeling my hand at the back of his slimey throat. The blood curling screams…the blood (ok maybe I’m exaggerating now).

Pelican’s also eat ducks I’ll have you know!! Check out this video clip for PROOF!



So you can see why I’m now petrified of any bird bigger than a duck! I think they are all on some evil mission to frighten every small child in existence, which was proven when we took Tobi to Lake Monger yesterday! I needed some inspiration for my “photo a day” for 365 so what better than some pretty wildlife?! We had been out of the car all of five minutes when Tobi was railroaded by a big goose on a mission to get whatever I was carrying (my camera). He obviously thought it was bread. It WASN’T (Tim was carrying that bag lol). But yes he nearly knocked over the poor Tobesmeister on his way! So already we were off to a bad start..

To solidify my bigibirdophobia, as we were leaving a big swan walked up to him and just PECKED him. Right on the chest! Tobi didn’t flinch, he just looked at it like “Eh! What was that?” He is tough, but I rest my case. Birds…of the big variety are evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers